This is a short demonstration showing how to display galleries, albums and pictures from a NextGen gallery in a post or a page. This tutorial assumes you already have images in a gallery and the gallery is associated with an album. If you don’t have this done, see the article Adding Images using NextGen Gallery. It demonstrates how to: <<<VIDEO COMING SOON>>>
- Add a gallery to a new post
- Add an album to a new post
- Add a picture to a new post
- Associate a gallery with a page from the gallery manager.
You can add a gallery or album to a post or a page. Let’s assume you want to add your gallery to a post. This is common, as you might create a gallery with images from your recent trip. You might also create a post telling your readers about your trip. To wrap it all in a nice bow you should put your trip gallery in your trip post. Make sense? Here’s how you do it.
- Create a new post. Give it a title and write the main body.
- Click on the NextGen Gallery icon in the editor toolbar
- Choose the gallery and select how you want to display it.
- The image list will show all the images in the gallery.
- The Slideshow will show a slideshow of all the images in the gallery.
- The imagebrowser will show a single image and allow the user to navigate through all the images.
- Click Insert.
- Save and view the post.
The steps to add a gallery to a page are nearly the same.
What if we wanted to add an album to a page? It is almost the same as adding a gallery.
- The extended version will show a single gallery on a row. You’ll see more details too.
- The compact version will show as many galleries as possible on a single row.
You can also add a single image to a page. This may not be the best way to add an image to a post. You should use the regular media manager for this. However, if you have an image that is already part of a gallery this is useful. That way you don’t need to add the image to your website twice.